07 June 2007

Back to earth with a bump...

Friends, family and Edelman colleagues are, I'm sure, delighted that Justin Westcott has returned safely from his risky trip up the little slopy bits right at the bottom of Mount Everest. No, no...I'm being unfair. He went quite high up. But he's back now and that's great.

Or is it?

I remain concerned. You see, Westcott's been blogging for a while but I have to say that I've always found his blog quite a taxing read. He doesn't seem to have...how shall I put this?...the greatest eye for detail with regard to grammar and spelling. And, as you know, we're a bit of a stickler for that.

When Justin landed over east, however, he told us all that blogging directly was nigh on impossible and, as a result, he would have to send his musings to his colleague Jonny Bentwood who would stick them on Westcott's blog.

What a transformation! Bentwood's clearly a fella after our own heart...his sub-editing resulted in nicely written, compelling pieces of prose...it was lovely stuff.

Now Westcott's back and he's doing his own writing again. Indeed, his first blog post upon his return to a decent internet connection started with this: "So i’m back in Nepal"

What's up? No shift key on the keyboard?

Justin, I implore you...retain Bentwood's sub-editing services, whatever the cost...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Needs to figure out where the 'return' key is too... makes my eyes hurt to try and read a block of text that big

Anonymous said...

A very fair point TWL - thanks for the slap! I will try harder to find the shift and return keys that you speak of.

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumour Justin was TWL. Is this entry just to throw us all off the scent? Or perhaps TWL is schizophrenic and self-hating? I'm reading too much into things again, aren't I?

Anonymous said...

Bet everyone's been extra-vigilant in grammar checking their comments to this particular post.

Anonymous said...

4 years at university, 5 years as an IT consultant, 8 years in AR...

...perfect training to be Justin's typing-lackey. I feel that I have reached the pinnacle in my career :)