27 June 2007

WARNING: Promotional post...kind of...

I can't quite believe I'm doing this...but I'm afraid that if I don't the guy will never leave me alone.

It's Matthew Ravden. The name might ring a bell as we've mentioned him a couple of times...the most recent being when he played keyboard for a band made up of ageing PR pros. Ravden was in the Text 100 team in the early 90s and one of the founding team of Bite. He's still involved in the Next Fifteen group somehow...we're not sure what he does exactly.

Whatever it is, it's given him enough time to write a book. He's banging on about it at the moment because the paperback version will be on the shelves of your local discount bookshop by September, given it'll be available in proper bookshops on the 5th of July.

It's called BlokeMiles. Westcott blogged about it recently so have a look at his post for a brief outline of the plot, or the Amazon description for a fuller synopsis. It's a work of fiction...though anyone who knows Ravden (and his other half) will claim that it's actually autobiographical. A fact which makes the blow job passage rather uncomfortable reading...

It's available for £6.99 (or £5.59 on Amazon) and Ravden would love you all to buy a copy. We're not sure why though...according to its last annual report, Ravden owns 3,839,294 shares in the Next Fifteen group (OK, so his wife owns 116,126 of those). At today's closing price of 85.250 pence that represents a handy little nest egg of £3,272,998.

Well we'd all have time to write a fucking book with three million quid's worth of shares hanging around, wouldn't we..?

So if you're off for a bit of summer sun and need an easy read for the beach then it might be worth picking up. But only as the third one in a 3 for 2.

Richard and Judy, eat your hearts out...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post TWL. Coincidentally, I'm selling some stuff on Ebay at the moment. If I send you the links, will you write a story about them...?

Anonymous said...

I believe he has struck a deal with Amazon that anyone buying a "Yes" album (or any other prog-rock album) will qualify for a further discount.

Cheers

Blokemiles Bankrupt

figgis said...

How much do you charge for advertorials TWL? You should have a rate card on here somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Aw, TWL what can I say? I will do a book signing in a pub of your choice for all TWL bloggers, and buy the first pint for all. Now you've blown the gaff on my shareholding that probably doesn't look all that generous, but my alter ego is a cash strapped debut author, so there we go.

I reckon if we get some word of mouth going, plus people going into bookshops and haranguing managers into stocking the book ... well, you never know. BlokeMiles might sell a few.

Thanks for the plug, and sorry I short-armed you into going against all your principles.

....the world's leading.... said...

Now there's an offer. Leave it with us Matt...we may well take you up on it.

See Figgis...an advertorial now and then can benefit us all.

figgis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
figgis said...

Lets try that again:

I wasn't taking the piss TWL - I really think you should. Could be a nice revenue stream for you...

Much better...amazing the difference an "n't" makes.

Anonymous said...

Now there's a marketing strategy, Mr Ravden. A free pint with every book. Could work. FYI, TWL readers - I bought the book in hardback (yes Matt, it was me) and I can confirm it is a ball-bouncingly good read. Buy it while you cann't (crikey Figgis, you're right).

figgis said...

I'm never right - always irritatingly liberal.